Sunday, July 12, 2009
I found this list from Padyak Bikes which is I think a group I found on Facebook. This list is indeed very true and should be consider by all... although there are times when biking might just not work in getting to where we are supposed to go specially now that climate is awfully hot.
Here Are More Than Fifty Good Reasons For Bicycle Commuting, Recreational Bicycling and Creating a Strong Bike Culture In General.
1. Bicycles increase mobility for those who don't have access to motor transport.
2. Bikes increase mobility for those who don't qualify to drive a car.
3. Bicycles increase mobility for those who can't afford motor transport.
4. Bikes increase mobility for those who don't want to drive motor vehicles.
5. Bicycling can be faster than walking, transit or motor vehicles.
6. Bicycling is the most energy efficient form of transportation ever invented.
7. You get exercise from bicycling.
8. Save travel money by biking. If the switch is from a car this includes purchase price, gas, tires, fluids, insurance, maintenance, washing, parking, etc.
9. Reduce stress by bicycling.
10. Biking is therapeutic for the mind and spirit -- is fun and can make you happy.
11. Cycling is therapeutic for the cardio-vascular system, live healthier.
12. Regular cycling provides better muscle tone, bone mass improvement, clearer skin
13. Regular bicycling helps with personal weight management -- new full-time bicycle commuters can expect to lose an average 13 pounds their first year of bicycle commuting if they maintain the same eating habits.
14. Bicycling is a great initial activity for people who are obese and help them on their way to a healthier life.
15. Regular cycling can lead to lower health care expenses -- save money for a nicer vacation.
16. Allows the rider to appreciate the more of the nuances of the natural and built environment around them.
17. Your commute will be the best part of your day instead of the worst part of your day.
18. The exercise increase your productivity at work
19. Cycling improves your self-esteem.
20. Save on the membership to a health club, get your exercise bicycling to work, school, shopping, etc.
21. Bicycling is nearly a life-long activity.
22. Bicycling is a great full family and friends activity.
23. Cycling is low impact on the body.
24. Cycling is low impact on the environment
25. Bicycling in your neighborhood is a great way to meet your neighbors and build community.
26. Camaraderie of cyclists makes it a great way to meet a nice stranger with a similar interest.
27. Bicyclist can ignore the highway traffic jam reports.
28. Feel the satisfaction (liberation, freedom) of biking past a traffic jam in the bike lane.
29. Predictable commute time.
30. Easier parking.
31. Cheaper parking.
32. Leaving your car at home provide a parking space for someone less fortunate.
33. If you are lazy, your bicycle provides door-to-door transport (you don't have to walk across a vast parking lot).
34. Reduces the demand for new roads and paving the earth with asphalt and concrete.
35. Reduces the demand for parking lots and paving the earth.
36. Reduces energy consumption (see below).
37. Reduces air pollution -- bicyclist emit few poisonous gases. A four mile bicycle trip keeps about 15 pounds of pollutants out of the air we breathe.
38. Reduces greenhouse gas emissions.
39. Reduces water pollution -- bikes don't drip brake fluid, anti-freeze, transmission fluid, toxic dust, etc.
40. Reduces noise pollution -- even without a muffler bikes are quiet, creating a quieter community.
41. Reduces road wear -- even if cyclist feel like they have the weight of the world on their shoulders.
42. Reduces deforestation for planting of rubber plantations, because bicycles use very little rubber.
43. Reduces crime -- a huge amount of crime is associated with access to motor vehicles.
44. Reduces road kill and saves animals.
45. Demonstrates a concern for the future -- walk (ride) your talk.
46. Prevent and protest the sanctioned murder of innocent responsible citizens (homicide by motor-vehicle).
47. Bikes small profile reduces congestion.
48. Easy to vary your route by bicycle.
49. Increased bike use generates bike facilities which increase property values.
50. Bicycling gives you more fresh air than a sauna and you can still sweat and clean your pores
51. Bike Commuting is a license to dress weird and still feel smug.
52. Urban cycling keeps you humble.
53. Bicycling can be enjoyed in a wide variety of topography.
54. Cycling can be enjoyed in a wide variety of climates
55. Bicycles are a great means to see the world.
56. Bicycling is cool.
57. Biking Is Fun.
You can also add more to this list ... just add a comment.
| Pagod Ka Na Bang Maging si Juan? | Newz Around Us |