Change Begins With Us - Ordinary People, Ordinary Day

Breaking

Random Posts

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Change Begins With Us

Again thanks to Walter Caancan for this very beautiful sharing and thought...

Bayazid once said of himself:

"I was a revolutionary when I was young. I always prayed to God: “Lord, give me the force to change the world”. As I grow older, I realized that after all those years, I was not able to change a single thing.

My prayers as an adult were different: “Lord, please give me the strength to change some of those with whom I am constantly in touch, even if it just be my family and friends.'

Now that I am old and my days are numbered, I am beginning to realize that I have been such a fool all my life. Now I only pray for one thing: 'Lord, please give me the grace to change myself.'

“If only I had asked this from the very beginning, I would not have wasted my entire life away."

Everyone wants to change the world. But almost nobody wants to start by changing himself.

-Anthony de Mello, The Bird's Song

No comments:

Post Top Ad