The Life Story (so far) of David Delano D'Angelo - Ordinary People, Ordinary Day

Breaking

Random Posts

Sunday, January 1, 2012

The Life Story (so far) of David Delano D'Angelo




Who is David D'Angelo? Is he as strong as he says he is? Well I dunno maybe yes, maybe not because it all depends on your perspective. (Follow me on Facebook and Twitter)

In summary Dave is A RYODAN, a blogger, a critic, a writer, a cosplayer, a web designer, a movie and US TV series addict, an Otaku, an environmentalist, an advocate for positive change, a father, a friend... I can be your good friend..

EARLY LIFE


On October 16, 1977 I was born seeing only my mom at my side, being with her through the early parts of my life. I was born at Malolos, Bulacan and we used to have a house in Parulan, Plaridel, Bulacan. I even studied at Parulan Elementary School, used to go biking there with the bike being the gift of my grand father, Warren Bates Delano who is in Brazil. I remember the name of the girl was Sally and well she was sort of my childhood crush back then. Mid of Grade 1 we have to move to Barangka in Marikina because as I remember the lot will be sold. So I studied the rest of my Grade 1 and Grade 2 at Barangka Elementary School.

I have very happy moments with my mom though she had a very short life and had died of cancer when I was 5 years old. I felt sad somewhat knowing that I will be left with my Ninang who is the sister of my grandmother. My "Ninang" used to discipline me with the so called "dos por dos" whenever I had a small and to think of it silly mistakes like not coming home on time. It was hard to endure considering the pain whenever that wood hit me whenever I could be hit It was also that time that I realized that I never had a picture of my father.

I asked them who my father was and they told me that he is dead and his name was Jose Collon D'Angelo. I tried to ask them what he looks like but they cannot even produce a single picture of him. I remember at a brink of me being scolded my grandmother told me that my surname was just handpicked from a newspaper/magazine and up to now that always rekindled in my mind. I also learned that my "Ninang" indirectly caused the death of my mother when she asked her to abort the baby that she was conceiving earlier and because it was done wrongly it developed into cancer. She and my grandmother oftentimes even told me that my mom was a whore. Well maybe she they just say that because as my grandfather told me they did not approve most of the time of the man she fell in love with.

During my stay in Marikina the event which could have changed my life forever did happen. I was sexually abused several times by a border of my "Ninang". I do not remember the exact details of what he did with me but all I can say is it was hard for a very young mind to understand and cope with. Luckily in 1986 my grandmother decided to went home to our home town, Atimonan, Quezon.

In Atimonan I studied the rest of my Elementary and because First Honors when I was in Grade III and IV and had honors when I was in Grade V and Grade VI. When I was in Grade IV I cannot forget how we had experienced poverty and lack of financial resources because at that time the coconut industry fell weak and my grandmother had coconut lands which supports us. That time she told me that I can no longer go to school but one day a German visited us and told her that he can send me to school. I lived at the house of the German businessman for a while and I was given utmost care and importance but it was too late when I realized that I was in for another sexual abuse. After a year I succeeded in escaping from yet another nightmare and continued my studies till I graduate Elementary.

I was never a popular guy in Elementary though I have a dedicated circle of friends Manny Escasa and Darwin Saavedra and I even had my first barkada liquor drinking with them when we are in Grade Five. I also had my first sort of sexual awakening with a girl when I was in Grade Five.

My elementary days was full of trials and tragedies which I have to endure and be strong. I need to face each of them or else my sanity will vanish. I hate the things that happened to me and the persons that did such things to me. At one time I tried to commit suicide but maybe it was not yet my time and a song saved me... THE GREATEST LOVE OF ALL... and yes learning to love yourself is the greatest love of all and If I fauil, if I succeed at least I stay as I believe no matter what they think of me they can't take away my dignity.


TEENAGE LIFE

And so I moved on to High School. Although I could have studied in the Manila Science High School because I was accepted my grandmother would not allow me because she said I might end up a delinquent. So I entered Our Lady of the Angels Academy. In High School I never really wanted to be in the Honor List though my grandmother pushed me to it because I can never have allowance if I am not in the list. During high school I do had several intimate encounters with my classmates and I feel good about it that time. At the same time I also become engage in my Third Year with excessive drinking and cigarrette smoking. I do smoke 1-2 "kaha" of cigarettes a day.

One day in the middle of that excessive self-abuse I woke up and cannot move my entire body... I was paralyzed. The doctor diagnosed that it was because of excessive cigarrette consumption. Fear of death that time caused me to throw away smoking. At the front of all that I was also a very active staffer of our High School publication, OLAAN's ECHO and had even run for a post in the Student Council in 3rd Year though I lost heavily. I redeemed my dignity in the student elections in 4th year when against insurmountable odds and unpopularity at the start I emerged victorious in a landslide victory for the Presidency with the help of people which believe in me.

Being the president crafted me to be a true youth leader and with the call of duty I have to sacrifice being a Valedictorian for the cause of the students and in order to evict the Principal that time which had caused so much suffering to the students. I was the first ever student of the school to stand against the system.

Near the end of High School I was again so depressed that I tried to commit suicide but in the nick of lacerating my wrist a song once again touched me... "There's a hero if you look inside your heart, you don't have to be afraid of who you are.". And I told myself... indeed that is true.

After High School I went to Carmona, Cavite and studied at STI-Binan where I learned about Computer Operations though I really wanted to graduate Computer Science. After a year I was called back home to take care of my sick grandmother. There I studied BS Accountancy. My best friend asked me to run for the Presidency of the College but in the end it was also he who betrayed me and was my opponent.. but four years later I become the concurrent President of the Student Council and Editor-in-Chief of the College Publication which turned out as the most fruitful year of those bodies.


LOVE AND RELATIONSHIPS

My lovelife was particularly very colorful. I will not deny that I had been a bisexual and yes I did fall in love with both men and women in my life.

One of the most memorable was when I fell in love with my cousin. I love her so much that I fall for her when I was still in Grade 6 that is during the first time I met her. I have no courage to tell it to her because she was older than me. When I finally reach College we had time to talk and then I told her how much I love her. We then became in a relationship. Although we really love each other, I was fearful that our relationship will npt be accepted and that it will be difficult for her. One time we decided to meet each other in SM Megamall but the fearful and silly me decided not to come. Since then we have not talked that much and I decided to let my feeling go because I love her so much.

I had been in a relationship, fling, or whatever you call it to about 48 people in my entire life... and well some hated me and some love me to this day.

In 1998 I end up marrying a girl which I love so much and was the mother to my 3 kids, John Dwight, Helen Cleodara and David Jr. I stop my college and run a computer shop business. But it was a whirlwind marriage after 4 years we end up hating each other and she ended up in the arms of someone else which gave her two children. It was the saddest part of my life though I also had a fallback that time because of sadness I had a bf... though our relationship did not end up good as well.

There were good memories though because my service mindedness did continue. I even run for a position in the Municipal Council though I end up loosing and it is also during this dark times that BROOD was conceptualized and organized. Well if there is also one thing that my ex-wife did not agree on was my public life as a servant and as a leader.

Brotherhood of Destiny (BROOD) - Atimonan Chapter

During those difficult years I end up in the bed of various people... I dunno maybe because I am lost and don't know what to do or maybe it is the effect of what had happened in my early life. Luckily Mei was there and saved me from my demise. She took me and accepted everything that is me. With her I finished my course and BROOD flourished. With the help of a lot of people BROOD expanded and served and become the organization that it is now... it is also my source of strength and inspiration besides my kids that is.

Brotherhood of Destiny (BROOD) - Nueva Ecija Chapter

The never ending battle though is with myself and with what had been within me since early in my life. I do not know really what love is because I never had a chance to really experience it with my family.

In 2011, I realized lots of things which triggered me into finally realizing what love truly means.  Love is something that is fully given and it does not matter whether they love you in return.  True love is the agape which my kids give to me and I will give to them.  I also felt real and genuine love though I know that the hardest challenges are just beginning.


AS A FATHER

I do not know how to be a real father because I never had a father.

My 3 kids Dara, Jr and JD

When my first child, John Dwight was born, I could say that I am the happiest person in the world.  I am only 21 years old when JD was born.  I do not know how to handle the situation but I tried my best.  He was so cute and well we had to ride a tricycle everyday so that he could sleep.  He has those long curly hairs similar to mine when I was young.  JD's name came from two great US presidents, John F. Kennedy and Dwight Eisenhower.

More than a year afterwards, we had another child, Helen CleoDara.  Her name came from three different names which means wise and strong leader.  Dara was a cry baby even when she was still young.  She always wants to get what she wants but she is the sweetest among the three up to now.  She is also the shy type.

My third child, David Jr. was the most memorable because I am the one who delivered him to this world.... well not that she came from me but I acted as the midwife during that time.  It was the best experience and also very shocking moment of my life.

We are happy as a family until differences came into the picture and my wife and I had frequent discussions.  Remembering those times, they were petty discussions and conflicts which in the end became big and irreconcilable. 


Since my wife and I went on separate ways I never had the chance to really be with my three kids for a very long time.  I failed to see their first times in life.  They had to live far away from each other and it is not their fault.  It is the fault of their parents who never gave a chance to understand them more and work more on maintaining the relationship for them.

I do blame myself at times for what happened but these were things that already happened in the past so I can't do anything about it.  I had to live my life fully for my kids.


AS A SERVANT

Brotherhood of Destiny (BROOD)

One of my missions in life is really to serve others.  I had been very active in organizations since High School.  Two of the organizations which I will treasure all my life are Brotherhood of Destiny (BROOD) and Naruto Cosplayers PH (NCPH).  These two groups have one thing in common... they are groups which acts AS ONE FAMILY.

Naruto Cosplayers PH (NCPH)
BROOD was founded in 2002 out of an inspiration from the anime Hunter X Hunter and Geneiryodan.  It started out as a simple close group of friends which then expanded to include many other people.  Meanwhile, NCPH is an organization composed of people who loves cosplay and wants to make a difference hence cosplay for a cause.  NCPH was founded in 2010.

Besides these groups I also have other advocacy involvement which includes the environment and peace building.

Dave with then Presidential Candidate Nicanor "Nick" Perlas


INTO THE FUTURE

I accepted who I am and I present to the world who David is... a leader who cares for other people and who will always be there to make a difference. I might not be perfect but I assure you that I always do my best in whatever I commit on.

My greatest challenge is love and my weakness comes from the deepest wound that encarcerated me for my whole life.

I have high hopes maybe not for myself but for the people that I serve, for my kids and for my country and the world... and I know with my simple contribution and with the help of others I can make a difference.

It is as if problems continue to pour down and people that you have love so much will at some point in your life tend to hurt and break you into pieces. But I am not condemning them nor blaming them for what happenned for I know everything has a reason and a purpose. I will hold on to what I believe in and to what I feel as long as I can and as long as I feel it is right.

I dream of a future two years from now where I can finally see completeness and perhaps in five (5) years time in 2016 I will finally be married to the person who I will love and stay for the rest of my life.


ACHIEVEMENTS:

* As a SOCIAL ACTIVIST. I am part/serving the following organizations

1. PeaceTech, Inc. - Communications Officer
2. Brotherhood of Destiny (BROOD), Inc. - National/International Council Member 
3. Naruto Cosplayers PH (NCPH) - Founder, Core Group and Sannin
4. Partido Kalikasan (PK) - member
5. Philippine Internet Users Sociaty (PIUS) - core group
6. National Youth Parliament Alumni Association (NYPAA) - member
7. PeaceTech Embassy - member

* As a BLOGGER - I am part of the following blogs...

1. Pagod Ka Na Bang Maging si Juan? - www.pagodkanaba.blogspot.com
2. The News Around Us - www.newsaroundus.com
3. The Products Blog - www.theproductsblog.com
4. Otakuplay = Anime + Cosplay - www.otakucosplayph.com
5. The Delano Observer - www.thedelanoobserver.blogspot.com
6. Ordinary People, Ordinary Day - www.yourordinaryday.blogspot.com
7. The Blog Reviewer - www.todaysblogreview.blogspot.com

* As a COSPLAYER. I started cosplaying on August 2010... and...

as Kakuzu from Naruto Shippuden

I am a member of...

*** Naruto Cosplayers PH (NCPH). I am the founder, core group member and Sannin of the group. Like us at http://facebook.com/NarutoCosplayersPH

*** Pampanga Cosplay Alliance (PCA) as Honorary Member 

PLUS so far here are the cosplay events I attended.
  1. SM City Baliwag - August 2010 - Priest of Dawn, Lineage II
  2. Best of Anime - Kakuzu, Naruto Shippuden
  3. Otaku Expo Reload - October 2010 - Max Domon, Flame of Recca
  4. Cosplay Challence @ Marikina Riverbanks - November 2010 - Kakuzu, Naruto Shippuden
  5. Cosplaymania X - November 2010 - Kakuzu, Naruto Shippuden
  6. AME Track 10 - November 2010 - Kakuzu, Naruto Shippuden
  7. Naruto Cosplayers PH (NCPH) Photoshoot - November 2010 - Kakuzu, Naruto Shippuden
  8. Cosplay Showdown @ SM Cyberzone Pampanga - Killer Bee, Naruto Shippuden
  9. 5th Christmas Toy Fair - December 2010 - Killer Bee, Naruto Shippuden - 1st PLACE 
  10. Megacon 2010 - December 2010 - Killer Bee, Naruto Shippuden
  11. A Happy Green New Year @ SM City Marilao - January 2011 - Killer Bee, Naruto Shippuden
  12. PUP Otaku Experience by Otaku Urule - March 2011 - Killer Bee, Naruto Shippuden
  13. 4th Philippine Cosplay Convention - March 2011 - Ibiki Morino, Naruto Shippuden
  14. NCPH Photoshoot for a Cause - March 2011 - Killer Bee, Naruto Shippuden
  15. Cosplay for Jessica Soho Episode on Cosplay - March 2011 - Killer Bee, Naruto Shippuden
  16. Otaku: I Care @ Philippine Children's Medical Center - March 2011 - Killer Bee, Naruto Shippuden
  17. Cosplay Showdown @ SM Pampanga - April 2011 - Killer Bee, Naruto Shippuden
  18. Ozinefest 2011 - April 2011 - Killer Bee, Naruto Shippuden
  19. Metro Comic Con 2011 - May 7, 2011 - Stone Cold Steve Austin, WWE
  20. Hobbyfest 2011 - May 14, 2011 @ Robinsons Starmills, San Fernando, Pampanga - Kratos (God of War 3)
  21.  SM Baliwag Cosplay Challenge - July 2, 2011 @ SM City Baliwag - Kratos (God of War 3)
  22. SM Masinag Cosplay Fashion - August 2011 @ SM City Masinag - Mr. Incredible (The Incredibles Movie)
  23. 438th Araw ng Pasig Costume Play Competition - June 24, 2011 @ Pasog City - Kratos (God of War 3) - 1st PLACE
  24. Best of Anime 2011 - September 18, 2011 @ Mall of Asia - Kratos (God of War 3)
  25. LaConsolacion Cosplay Festival - September 24, 2011 @ Bulacan Capitol Gym, Malolos, Bulacan - Kratos (God of War 3) - BEST MALE COSPLAYER
  26. Pinoy Otaku Encore 2011 - November 26-27, 2011 @ SM Megatrade Hall 3 - Kratos (God of War 3)
  27. AkibaCon - December 10, 2011 @ PUP Sta. Mesa as JUDGE
  28. 2011 SM Baliwag Cosplay Competition - December 11, 2011 @ SM City Baliwag - Kratos (God of War 3) as JUDGE
  29. UP-PGH Outreach with Otaku Urule - December 23, 2011 - Kratos (God of War 3)
  30. Ozinefest Toy Figure Special - December 29, 2011 @ Megatrade Hall 1 SM Megamall - Kapayapaan
as Kratos from God of WAr

PERSONAL MESSAGE

This may not be complete or contain all the details about me but I share to you my life or part of it and I accept every bits and pieces of it because I know it is what made me strong and what made me help other people... what made me strong against trials and adversities.

People may pull me down but I am always ready to face them... I might fail but I will never ever surrender.


Also Visit My Other Blogs 
| Pagod Ka Na Bang Maging si Juan? | News Around Us |

No comments:

Post Top Ad